Sun World International, LLC
Sun World International, LLC and its related entities (Sun World, we or our), AgriExchange Pty Ltd, Fruit Master Perfection Pty Ltd and each of their related entities (together, the Group and each a Group Member) are committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
- What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
- What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
Sun World may collect and hold Personal Information such as your name, gender, date of birth, age, contact details (including your address, phone number and email, whether personal or for work), and services information and preferences.
- Why do we collect Personal Information?
- Sun World collects Personal Information from customers and other individuals that is reasonably necessary in order to allow the Group to conduct our business functions, to market our products and services and to conduct product and market research related activities.
- If you choose not to provide your Personal Information to Sun World, we may not be able to undertake certain activities for you such as providing you with requested information, prizes or services.
- When and how do we collect Personal Information?
- Sun World collects Personal Information when you: visit our Website and social media websites and applications including Facebook, Instragram and Pinterest (Social Network Platforms), request information about us or our products or services, provide feedback, fill in a form on our Website, fill in one of our surveys, participate in our competitions or contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person.
- Sun World may also collect Personal Information about you via third parties including our suppliers, merchants, survey providers or marketers.
- In some circumstances we may receive Personal Information that we have not requested. If this occurs, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that we may de-identify and/or destroy this information unless we are required to keep it by law.
- Information collected via our Website and Social Network Platforms
- Sun World will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website and Social Network Platforms except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Sun World may collect Personal Information from users when they:
- complete an online form on our Website; or
- complete one or more of our surveys; or
- participate in any competitions run by Sun World; or
- share profile information on one of our Social Network Platforms; or
- interact with social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like” when these features are integrated into our Social Network Platforms; or
- otherwise correspond with Sun World.
Click Stream Data
- When you visit and browse our Website, our Website host may collect Personal Information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes. Subject to clause 7.4, the Personal Information collected by our Website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our Website.
- Sun World’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
- Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
- If you access our Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log on to our Website. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however Sun World may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
- Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Sun World may use web beacons to collect aggregate data and provides this information to our Website host to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
- How Sun World uses the Personal Information it collects about you
- Sun World uses the Personal Information it collects about you for the Group’s business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote and market Sun World products and services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website;
- to help the Group to research the needs of customers;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Sun World and its activities;
- to allow the Group to provide you with third party information and offers in which we believe you may be interested;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements;
- for the purpose of providing you with any prizes you may be awarded as a result of your participation in any competition;
- for any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the Personal Information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
- The Group may use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is related to those purposes in clause 6.1, if we have your consent or if otherwise provided for under the Privacy Act.
- The Group may use your Personal Information to provide you with direct, targeted, or other marketing materials on an ongoing basis. Group Members may provide you with these materials by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), our digital services and other means. Group Members will only provide you with direct marketing materials where you would reasonably expect us to, or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. The Group will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if a Group Member has obtained your Personal Information from a third party. Direct marketing communications may include promotional material about a Group Member or may relate to the products and services a Group Member provides or other products and services which may be of interest to you.
- You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or as set out in clause 13.
- Who do we disclose your Personal Information to?
- Depending on the nature of your engagement with Sun World, we may disclose your Personal Information to officers and employees of a Group Member, third parties that provide products and services to or through a Group Member or our Website hosts, directly to you (at your request), suppliers of a Group Member and other third parties, or otherwise as required by law.
- Sun World may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
- We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information overseas
- Because Sun World’s site is located in the United States your Personal Information will be disclosed outside of Australia to the United States.
- By providing your Personal Information, you acknowledge that you understand the risks associated with the disclosure of your Personal Information overseas and expressly consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to an overseas entity.
- Storage and security of Personal Information held by Sun World
- Sun World will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Sun World aims to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date. We will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to any Personal Information that we handle, including information which is held on Sun World’s computer systems.
- Updating and Correcting your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can update your Personal Information at any time by contacting Sun World in any of the ways specified in clause 13. Sun World welcomes any changes to your Personal Information so as to keep our records up to date.
- How long will Sun World keep your Personal Information?
- We will keep your Personal Information only for as long as required for our business purposes and otherwise as required by Australian law.
- Where we no longer need to keep your Personal Information in accordance with clause 11.1, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Information.
- If you wish to have your Personal Information destroyed or de-identified, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to do so (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
- Finding out what Personal Information Sun World holds about you
- You are entitled to access Personal Information that Sun World holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the Privacy Principles or at law. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
- A request for access can be made by contacting Sun World in any of the ways specified in clause 13.
- How to contact us
Att: Privacy Officer
275 Robinsons Rd
Ravenhall, Vic 3023
Last updated: April 2017